The weather is warming up, but there’s still plenty of powder on the ground! Spring in Jackson is a beautiful time to visit – you’ll encounter loads of events, great rates (i.e. good for the wallet) and milder weather. Couple all that with fewer crowds and it can be one of the best times to visit the valley! Here are just a few reasons to get up here for spring events in Jackson Hole:
Golden Ticket Is Back
After a couple month break, the Golden Ticket Offer is back in full force! Spring skiing in Jackson Hole is pretty special as most days are either amazing corn skiing or the deep cowboy powder we’ve all grown to love this season! To celebrate, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is offering 50% off lift tickets (YES, REALLY) for season passholders from any other resort to come enjoy Spring in the Tetons! The promotion runs now through the end of the season, so take advantage of these incredible rates and book your spring getaway to Jackson Hole!
Live Music In Jackson Hole
Extra daylight = extra music! As temps start to rise around the valley, people begin to recharge and look forward to the warmer months ahead. Is there a better way to recharge than with some live music? We think not. Here are some upcoming concerts around the Jackson Hole area:
Grab your friends, and après like there is no tomorrow! Music starts at 3pm
- Saturday, March 19 – SkiiTour
- Saturday, March 26 – The Deadlocks
- Friday, April 1st: Fitz & The Tantrums, Town of Jackson
- Friday, April 1st: Brett Dennen, Town of Jackson
- Saturday, April 2nd: Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals, Teton Village
- Saturday, April 2nd: Cold War Kids
- Saturday, April 2nd: The Wailers
Other Venues around Jackson:
- Million Dollar Cowboy Bar, Downtown Jackson
- March 18th & 19th: Charley Jenkins
- March 20th, 27th & April 3rd: Country DJ Steady Jake
- March 21st – 26th: Nathan Dean & The Damn Band
- March 28th – April 2nd: Mickey Utley Band
- April 4th – 8th: Brandon Hale & The Dirty Shame
- Mangy Moose, Teton Village
- Saturday, March 19th: Gin & Juice at the Moose
- Sunday, March 20th: Paul Cauthen
- Saturday, March 26th: The Lil Smokies
- Friday, April 1st: Sghetti on Gaper Day!
- Saturday, April 2nd: Gilligan Moss
- Knotty Pine Supper Club, Victor, ID
- March 23fd: March Fourth
Spring Skiing Local’s Tip
Spring skiing in the Tetons is all about timing. Even on powder days, it’s important to understand what the weather is going to do and what aspects you are going to be skiing/riding. Here are some general rules of thumb:
- On powder days, make sure that you get out there early. As temperatures warm, the snow will start to get heavier. If you have a later start, favor the terrain that faces North towards Grand Teton.
- On drier days, give the day time to soften up the snow before you head off trail. Southern and eastern aspects get sun sooner, so head to that terrain first. Usually, this happens around 11-12.
What are your favorite things to do during spring in Jackson? Tell us in the comments!