Your Guide To Spring Events In Jackson Hole
Jackson’s had a stellar ski season – hitting over 500″ this week! Whether you’re a ski buff or not, spring in Jackson is a beautiful time to visit – you’ll encounter loads of events, great rates (i.e. good for the wallet) and milder weather. Couple all that with fewer crowds and it can be one of the best times to visit the valley!
Here are just a few reasons to get up here for spring events in Jackson Hole:
Golden Ticket Is Back
After a couple month break, the Golden Ticket Offer is back in full force! Spring skiing in Jackson Hole is pretty special as most days are either amazing corn skiing or the deep cowboy powder we’ve all grown to love this season! To celebrate, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is offering 50% off lift tickets (YES, REALLY) for season passholders from any other resort to come enjoy Spring in the Tetons! The promotion runs now through the end of the season, so take advantage of these incredible rates and book your spring getaway to Jackson Hole!
LIFT TICKETS >
Live Music In Jackson Hole
Extra daylight = extra music! As temps start to rise around the valley, people begin to recharge and look forward to the warmer months ahead. Is there a better way to recharge than with some live music? We think not. Here are some upcoming concerts around the Jackson Hole area:
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort’s “Road To Rendezvous”:
Grab your friends, and après like there is no tomorrow! Music starts at 3pm under the tram.
- Saturday, March 18 – Andrew Bees
- Saturday, March 25 – The Polyrythmics
- Friday, March 31st: The Revivalists, Town of Jackson
- Friday, March 31st: ZZ Ward, Town of Jackson
- Friday, March 31st: Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Town of Jackson
- Saturday, April 1st: Ryan Bingham & The Texas Gentlemen, Teton Village
- Saturday, April 1st: Elle King, Teton Village
- Saturday, April 1st: Futurebirds, Teton Village
- Saturday, April 1st: Dumpstaphunk, Teton Village
- Saturday, April 1st: Skiitour, Teton Village
Other Venues around Jackson:
- Million Dollar Cowboy Bar, Downtown Jackson
- March 15th – 18th: Rhett Haney
- March 20th – 25th: Kurt Van Meter
- March 27th – April 1st: Drew Moreland
- March 28th – April 2nd: Mickey Utley Band
- April 3rd – 8th: Nathan Dean & The Damn Band
- April 26th – 29th: Cliff Miller
- Mangy Moose, Teton Village
- Friday, March 17th: The Great Mountain Groove ft. Sicard Hollow, The Sweet Lillies, and Pixie & The Partygrass Boys
- Friday, March 24th: Duane Betts & Palmetto Motel
- Wednesday, March 29th: Marchforth
- Saturday, April 1st: Lowdown Brass Band
- Friday, April 7th: Daniel Donato’s Cosmic Country
Spring Skiing Local’s Tip
Spring skiing in the Tetons is all about timing. Even on powder days, it’s important to understand what the weather is going to do and what aspects you are going to be skiing/riding. Here are some general rules of thumb:
- On powder days, make sure that you get out there early. As temperatures warm, the snow will start to get heavier. If you have a later start, favor the terrain that faces North towards Grand Teton.
- On drier days, give the day time to soften up the snow before you head off trail. Southern and eastern aspects get sun sooner, so head to that terrain first. Usually, this happens around 11-12.
What are your favorite things to do during spring in Jackson? Tell us in the comments!