The Ideal Rendezvous Fest Weekend Itinerary
It’s officially only 3 more weeks until spring….what?! As temperatures start to warm up in Jackson Hole, so does the list of events around the valley.
For us here at MMM, we especially love Rendezvous Festival Weekend. Hosted by Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Rendezvous Fest is a two-day, spring lifestyle and music festival providing the most iconic backdrops imaginable: historic downtown Jackson Town Square and the base of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. Over the years, major acts such as Zac Brown Band, Grace Potter, Portugal the Man, and Michael Franti have headlined this incredible event.
This year, headlining acts on Saturday night include Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals, Cold War Kids & The Wailers. On Friday, Fitz And The Tantrums & Brett Dennen will be showing Town Square how to boogie down. So you can focus on the fun & not the planning, we’ve compiled the perfect weekend itinerary for the weekend.
Thursday, March 31st
- Check in at Mountain Modern Motel
- If the weather is nice, check out Roadhouse Brewing or Snake River Brewing and have a beer outside for Happy Hour. If cold, go check out Thai Me Up for some craft beers (& you’ll most likely stay for the delicious Thai food!)
- Dinner somewhere on Town Square (The Bistro, Local, Orsetto, The Kitchen to name a few). Reservations should always be made in advance to ensure you get a table
- Decompress in MMM’s oversize hot tub
Friday, April 1st
- Grab some quick breakfast from Pearl St. Bagels or some sit down comfort food at The Bunnery
- Ski at Snow King Mountain Resort. If you have an Alpine Touring setup, we recommend doing an ascent on the uphill route
- For lunch, head down to the base and grab some grub & a drink at Hayden’s Post or across the street at Stillwest Brewery
- After skiing, head back to MMM and grab a quick hot tub (if enough time)
- Shower/ Prep for the evening. Note: you will be outside for the remainder of the night, so we recommend some long johns, warm jacket, hat, gloves, face protection, etc
- Around 4:00, head to Pinky G’s Pizzeria for a slice and a happy hour drink
- Once finished, walk a couple hundred yards, and get situated in front of the music stage. The first act will take the stage around 6:00
- After the show, head to either the iconic Million Dollar Cowboy Bar or Silver Dollar Bar. Note: it will be very crowded at both, but a very fun scene. If you are looking for something more low key, we suggest heading to Big Hole BBQ – just a stone’s throw from your room!
- Call it a night & tuck in for more fun tomorrow
Saturday, April 2nd
- Grab a coffee and breakfast sandwich from the MMM Café
- Prep for the day. Note: You will be in Teton Village for most of the day, so make sure you plan ahead. This means that in addition to your ski clothes/equipment, we recommend packing a change of clothes and/or an additional layer or two for the concerts later
- Hop on the free MMM shuttle to Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- Once arrived, go to the Bridger Center and rent a locker for the day. Ditch your additional layers until you need them for after skiing
- Ski Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. Note: If there is no new snow, make sure to be selective on the terrain you ski. As a rule of thumb, before noon, stay on the north facing aspects. After noon, head to the south facing aspects as the sun hits it. As a frame of reference, the Grand Teton is located to the north.
- Grab some aprés food and drink at Mangy Moose, Spur or RPK3 after the day of skiing.
- Head to the venue, located in the Village lot. The first act will come on stage around 5:30.
- Take the START Bus back to Town. Make sure to get off at the “49’er Inn” stop. Note: there will be a wait to get on the bus, and usually it is very crowded- meaning you may have to stand the whole ride. If you do not want to deal with this, we recommend calling a taxi service in advance and arranging a private ride back to town.
- Call it a night & be sure to hit the snooze button
Sunday, March 29th
- Grab breakfast at Persephone Bakery
- Check out of MMM
- Check out all your photos and reminisce about the epic weekend you just had
What are you waiting for? Book your stay and get here for a weekend to remember!