West Coast To Wild West: A Road Trip From The Bay Area To Jackson Hole
With so many people hitting the road for a change of scenery and little fresh air, our Wise Guides thought it’d be the perfect time to highlight a few of our most direct routes you can take to beautiful Jackson Hole! They put together some stops along the way, as well as some stats for when you start planning your trip. Queueing up our first road trip route for you: from the Bay Area To Jackson Hole!
West Coast To Wild West
San Francisco Bay Area To Jackson Hole
From coast to mountains to desert, this route starts in the Bay Area and winds up through Lake Tahoe into Reno, and across a vast expanse of the state of Nevada before you cut up into Idaho, passing through Twin Falls and Pocatello before heading into Wyoming. Below are a few of our favorite stops along the way!
Major Cities Along Route (distance to Jackson, WY):
San Francisco, CA (918 Miles)
Sacramento, CA (832 Miles)
Reno, NV (701 Miles)
Winnemucca, NV (536 Miles)
Elko, NV (412 Miles)
Twin Falls, ID (249 Miles)
Pocatello, ID (141 Miles)
Idaho Falls, ID (89 Miles)
- Northstar Resort, Tahoe
- Reno, NV “The Biggest Little City in the World”
- Lava Hot Springs, ID
- Skip the casinos, and check out the Riverwalk District in Reno
- Take a short ½ hour detour south from Pocatello, ID to Lava Hot Springs. Skip the freeway for the rest of your trip to Jackson.
- Check out Lunch Counter and Big Kahuna rapids in the Snake River Canyon outside Alpine, WY to watch whitewater rafts and kayaks power through the famous rapids (paved parking, bathrooms and marked trail to the rapids).
Random “Can’t Miss” Spot:
- Melvin Brewing Tap Room, Alpine, WY: Set on the banks of the Snake River in a beautiful, lush canyon, this taproom is the perfect stop on your way into Jackson.