Early summer in Jackson Hole is a special time of year, chock full of bluebird skies, vibrant wildflowers, and lots of wildlife babies. It’s the perfect time to start exploring the trails as the snow melts, and getting out on the water to view the beautiful landscape from another perspective. Here are a few of our top picks for what to check out now that the frost is dwindling.
Jenny Lake Boating
Jenny Lake is an iconic lake located in Grand Teton National Park, offering up awe-inspiring views, excellent hikes and guided cruises or boat rentals.
- Shuttle Boat runs every 10-15 minutes across the lake to the Cascade Canyon trailhead (one of our fave hikes in the area). There are trails from the boat dock, but the shuttle boat eliminates a 2 mile walk, saving time and energy for your hiking day.
- Scenic Cruises are also available on Jenny Lake staring May 15. The Cruise takes approx. 1 hour, and guests will learn the history and geology of the area, as well as flora and fauna around the lake.
- Non Motorized Boat Rentals are available on a first come, first served basis. Rentals are available from mid-June through mid-September.
Scenic JHMR Tram Rides
Everyone’s favorite, the Jackson Hole Tram reopens for summer in late May. Take “Big Red” to the top of Rendezvous Peak and enjoy the sweeping valley views, spot wildlife from the windows, and take in a scenic hike at the top. And definitely don’t forget to stuff your belly full of amazing homemade waffles at Corbet’s Cabin!
- In just 12 minutes, the Aerial Tram glides skyward 4,129 vertical feet
- The summit offers 360-degree views of the Tetons, Jackson Hole valley and surrounding mountain ranges.
- The “Top of the World” provides amazing access to a plethora of great hiking and running trails, climbing, and the occasional snowball fight.
- Grab some world famous gourmet waffles in Corbet’s Cabin (pb & bacon anyone?)
JHMR’s Grand Adventure Park
The whole family will enjoy the Jackson Hole Grand Adventure Park
this summer. Located in the Village, the adventure park includes a ropes course, climbing wall and more. Grab a Grand Adventure Pass for unlimited access to the Tram, Gondola, Teewinot, Ropes Course, Climbing Wall and Bungee Trampoline.
Paragliding Jackson Hole – Runs May – October
Soar high above Teton Village and experience the beauty of Jackson Hole, the Teton Range and the Snake River Range from the air. Suit up for this bucket-list activity with Paragliding Jackson Hole.
No experience necessary to fly tandem with a professional pilot from Jackson Hole Paragliding.
Snow King Mountain Summer Activities
“The King” is Jackson Hole’s premiere in-town playground for both adults and kids. Snow King Mountain
offers thrilling family attractions, gear rental, unique events, and some of the valley’s best views, so you can expect some memorable adventures. Check out the Treetop Adventures, Cowboy Coaster, Mini-golf, Bungee Trampoline, scenic chairlift rides, and lots more activities all right in the Town of Jackson.
Visit the National Parks
Both Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks are open and in full swing, and now is the best time to see all the wildlife babies. Take a Scenic Safari
in either park and an experienced guide will give you the low down, fun facts and help spot the animals.