At this point during the winter, it can sometimes be difficult to remember that warmer times are on the horizon. Hang in there… only 1 more month until Spring! As temperatures start to heat up in Jackson Hole, so does the list of evnts around the valley.
For us here at MMM, we specifically love the Rendezvous Festival Weekend. Hosted by Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Rendezvous Fest is a four-day, spring lifestyle and music festival providing the most iconic backdrops imaginable: historic downtown Jackson Town Square and the base of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. Over the years, major acts such as Zach Brown Band, Grace Potter, Portugal the Man, and Michael Franti have headlined this incredible event.
This year, Grateful Dead founding member Bob Weir and his band, the Wolf Brothers, are the marquee act on Saturday Night. For Friday, The Record Company will be showing Town Square how to boogie down. To make your life easier, we’ve compiled the perfect weekend itinerary for the weekend.
Thursday, March 26th
- Check in at Mountain Modern Motel
- If the weather is nice, check out Roadhouse Brewing or Snake River Brewing and have a beer outside for Happy Hour. If cold, go check out Thai Me Up
- Dinner somewhere on Town Square (Local, Teton Tiger, The Kitchen, or Orsetto). Tomorrow night will be very difficult to get a seat at these places.
- Don’t worry – we’ll explain later
- Decompress in the MMM hot tub
Friday, March 27th
- Grab some breakfast at Bubba’s BBQ. Hint, hint: Order the “Workman’s Special”
- Head to Pearl St. Market and grab a lunch sandwich for later. Throw that sandwich in your backpack and head to Snow King.
- Ski at Snow King Mountain Resort. If you have an Alpine Touring setup, we recommend doing an ascent on the uphill route.
- For lunch, head to the top of the Mountain and enjoy the view with your sandwich you brought. If it’s bitterly cold, head down to the base and grab lunch at Hayden’s Post
- After skiing, head back to MMM and grab a quick hot tub (if enough time.)
- Shower/ Prep for the evening. Note: you will be outside for the remainder of the night, so we recommend some long underwear, warm jacket, hat, gloves, face protection, etc.
- Around 5:00, head to Pinky G’s Pizzeria for a slice and a happy hour drink
- Once finished, walk a couple hundred yards, and get situated in front of the music stage. The Record Company will take the stage around 6:00.
- After the show, head to either the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar or Silver Dollar Bar. Note: it will be very crowded at both, but a very fun scene. If you are looking for something more low key, we suggest heading to Big Hole BBQ.
- Call it a night
Saturday, March 28th
- Grab a coffee and breakfast sandwich from MMM Lobby
- Prep for the day. Note: You will be in Teton Village for most of the day, so make sure you plan ahead. This means that in addition to your ski clothes/equipment, we recommend packing an additional layer or two for the Bob Weir concert later
- Hop on the free MMM shuttle to Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- Once arrived, go to the Bridger Center and rent a locker for the day. Ditch your additional layers until you need them for after skiing
- Ski Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. Note: If there is no new snow, make sure to be selective on the terrain you ski. As a rule of thumb, before noon, stay on the north facing aspects. After noon, head to the south facing aspects as the sun hits it. As a frame of reference, the Grand Teton is located to the north.
- Grab some apres food and drink at Continuum after the day of skiing.
- Head to the venue, located in the Village lot. Bob Weir and the Wolf Bros will come on stage around 5:30.
- Take the START Bus back to Town. Make sure to get off at the “49’er Inn” stop. Note: there will be a wait to get on the bus, and usually it is very crowded- meaning you may have to stand the whole ride. If you do not want to deal with this, we recommend calling a taxi service in advance and arranging a private ride back to town.
- Call it a night
Sunday, March 29th
- Grab breakfast at Persephone Bakery
- Check out of MMM
- Check out all your photos and reminisce about the epic weekend you just had
What are you waiting for? Book your stay and get here for a weekend to remember!